My second book, a pop culture/humor book titled Photobombed! is available now! I wrote this hilarious collection of photos with funny captions in collaboration with quirky website, Oddee.com. The book was published in Sept. 2012 by Sourcebooks. Click here to read an interview on HuffPost Weird News about Photobombed!
As the About.com Guide to Web Humor, I write timely, informative articles, lists, reviews, and blog posts about everything humor-related on the world wide web. I am also responsible for managing About’s Web Humor Facebook and Twitter pages, along with moderating their community forums.
- I am the partnership coordinator for sites like BuzzFeed.
- I create bi-weekly link round-ups for the site. You can see a few of them here, here, and here,
- I curate the Photoshop Fail section of the site, creating humorous blog posts using fan art, non-commercial accidents, and other terrible works of Photoshop found around the web.
- I issue monthly Photoshop Challenges to encourage reader participation.
- I produce list-format posts for Photoshop Disasters that have appeared on Oddee, Smosh, BoingBoing, and other popular websites
Some examples of my article work for PsD:
- 10 Photoshop Fashion Victims on Oddee
- 12 Badly Photoshopped Celebrities on Oddee
- 10 “Handy” Photoshop Foul-Ups on BoingBoing
- Ten Totally WTF Photoshop Disasters on Smosh
- 10 Spookiest Phantom Limbs on Smosh
I provide monthly freelance writing services to the Marketing department of St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua, NH. I regularly contribute to their quarterly magazine, Healthy Choices, and many of my articles appear in The Nashua Telegraph. Here is an example of the kind of article I create for SJH: Advanced Surgical Procedures Available Only At St. Joseph Hospital (page S8)
- I frequently interview patients and doctors for stories. Here are a few examples of the sort of patient testimonials I handle for them: Harry’s Story, and Michael’s Prostate Removal Story.
- I create weekly marketing emails for the hospital’s Lighten Up Nashua program.
- I manage the St. Joseph Hospital Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest pages.
I write occasional articles for Oddee, an entertainment blog with over 5 million visits per month.
Here are some examples of my contributions to the site:
- World’s Lasts (This article gained international attention. I was interviewed live, via translator, on the radio for South America’s most popular radio program, Los Originales.)
- 10 Gorgeous Women (Who Were Born Men) (This article set a record on the site, receiving 500,000 hits within its first 30 days online)
- 10 Funniest Badly- Translated Ads
- 10 Weirdest Medical Syndromes
- 10 Amazing Tales of Alien Abduction
- 10 Scariest Ghostly Images and Recordings
- 10 Coolest Brothels & Bordellos
- 10 Cases of Inappropriate Cleavage (This article was mentioned in Spain’s largest newspaper, El Mundo, and received over 400,000 views during its first month online.
- 10 Hotels Where Famous People Have Died
- 10 Products Discovered By Accident
- 10 Amazing Underground Homes
Additionally, I was the Social Media Manager and Head of Partnerships for Oddee from Sept. 2010 until December 2012. During my two+ years managing Oddee’s community, I increased the site’s fan base from 71,000 fans to over 104,000 fans on Facebook alone. I also formed and maintained lasting partnerships with sites like BuzzFeed, Huffington Post Weird News, Incredible Things, Neatorama, and others.